WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
TERRA ESPLÊNDIDA – LDA (hereinafter TE) headquartered in Azinhaga da Alagueza, Lote X, 2nd D, 1800-005 Lisbon, Portugal, registered at the Lisbon Commercial Registry under the number of registration 508035880, is responsible for processing the personal data that it collects through the website https://www.terraesplendida.com/loja, as well as for resolving technical issues and providing customer support.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be collected and processed by TE in the following situations:
- If you contact us directly, for example via our website or TE’s customer service, and if you are interested, for example, in our products and services and/or if you have other questions.
- If you buy products or services directly from us (for example in the TE Store).
- If you respond to one of our direct marketing campaigns.
- If your data is sent to us by our partners or third parties, insofar as the requirements in this regard set out in the data protection legislation have been verified. This will happen if, for example, you have given your consent or if, being fully aware of your right to object, you have not objected to the transmission of your data to TE.
If you are under 16 years old, please do not provide us with your personal data unless you have permission from your parents or guardians to do so.
Please help us to keep your personal data up to date. For these purposes, you must inform us of changes to your personal data, in particular changes relating to your contact details.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY BE COLLECTED
- Contact details: Name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Other personal data: Information that has been provided to us about your birthday, schooling, household or professional status.
- Online account data: Online Store account data and payment information that you have provided (for example, credit card number and expiry date).
- Website usage and communications: Information about how you use the website and whether you have opened or forwarded messages from us, including data collected through cookies or other tracking technologies. For more detailed information, please consult our Cookies Policy.
- Transaction and interaction data: Information on the purchase of products or services, interaction with TE customer service (your requests and complaints).
FOR WHAT PURPOSES AND ON WHAT BASIS YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE USED
The data obtained in the context of entering a contract or providing a service are processed for the purposes identified below.
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data.
A. Fulfillment of contractual obligations within the scope of the sale of TE products (Art. 6, no. 1, al. b) of the RGPD)
TE collects, processes and uses personal data within the scope of sales processing. For example, when you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. You may also provide information about third parties. For example, when you want to send a gift to a friend and share their name, address, email or phone number. In this case, the buyer is responsible for the data he provided.
B. Compliance with TE’s sales, service and administration processes (Art. 6, no. 1, al. f) of the RGPD)
Aiming to continuously optimize the customer experience and customer service, the main objective of these assessments is to trigger the necessary measures (for example, training courses) to improve sales and service processes. We will create these reports in an aggregated and anonymized way, so the respective recipients will not be able to identify you as the person from whom the data comes. Also, in order to provide and improve our services, provide you with a personalized experience on our website, contact you about your account, provide customer service.
C. Customer Service (Art. 6, n.º 1, al. b), c), f) of the RGPD)
TE uses your personal data to administer the contract or to respond to requests you have made. For the purposes of administering the contract or responding to requests made, we will contact you (without the need for an autonomous reason), through the contact channel you have specified, if applicable.
TE also processes your data for this purpose to optimize your experience with TE’s customer service, for example to correctly identify you whenever you contact us.
D. Promotional communications and market research based on consent (Art. 6, n.º 1, al. a) of the GDPR)
If you have given us your consent for the further use of your data, these may be used in accordance with the scope described in the respective declaration of consent.
This is the case, for example, of consent for promotional and advertising purposes (offers of products and services), definition of individual customer profile and/or market research (not related to the contract and/or service) and, if necessary, your transmission to certain contractual partners.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, with effect for the future.
E. Compliance with the legal obligations to which TE is subject (Article 6, n.º 1, al. c), f) of the GDPR)
TE will also process personal data if it has a legal obligation to do so.
TE is subject to a multitude of legal obligations. We may process your personal data as necessary to fulfill these obligations, as well as transmit it to the authorities upon notification.
Additionally, we will process your personal data as necessary for the management of legal actions.
Ultimately to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
TO WHOM WE MAY TRANSMIT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Certain countries located outside the EEA, such as Switzerland and Canada, have already been recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of data protection and, as such, regarding these, no additional safeguards will be necessary.
Please contact us if you would like to request information about the specific safeguards that have been applied to the export of your data to suppliers/service providers located outside the EEA.
Your personal data is stored on our suppliers/service providers’ secure servers and is accessed and used only in accordance with our policies and standards (or equivalent policies and standards of our suppliers/service providers).
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your personal data.
Although the transmission of data via the internet cannot guarantee complete security against intrusions, we and our service providers and business partners make the best efforts to implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures aimed at protecting your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Among others, we implemented the following:
- Restricted personal access to your personal data based on the “need to know” criterion and only within the scope of the communicated purposes
- Transfer of collected data only in encrypted form
- Storage of highly confidential data (such as credit card information) in encrypted form only
- Protection of IT systems through firewalls, to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data
- Permanent monitoring of access to information technology systems aiming to prevent, detect and stop the misuse of your personal data
If we have sent you a password or you have chosen it for the purposes of accessing certain areas of our website or other portals, applications or services operated by us, it will be your sole responsibility to keep the password confidential and comply with the other security procedures of which you have been informed. We ask you in particular not to divulge your password.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
According to art. 17 of the GDPR, we will only store your data for the period strictly necessary for its respective processing purposes. If the data is processed for different purposes, it will be automatically deleted or stored in a format that does not allow drawing conclusions about your identity as soon as the last specific purpose is extinguished.
– Use for the purpose of performing a contract
For the fulfillment of contractual obligations and customer assistance within the scope thereof, the data provided by you may be kept during the term of the contract and – depending on the nature of the scope of the contract entered into – 10 to 12 years after its termination, complying with legal archival obligations, such as records and supporting documents for tax-relevant operations under the terms of the tax law.
Additionally, there are contracts to which longer retention periods apply. Please see the “Use for Complaint Assessment Purposes” section below for more detailed information.
- Use for claims evaluation purposes
The data that, in our opinion, are necessary to evaluate and prevent claims against us or to defend our rights and interests in legal actions, brought by you or against you and/or third parties, may be kept until the date on which it is expected that the claims and/or legal actions may be initiated or, if they have actually taken place, after the final and unappealable decision has been issued.
- Use for consent-based marketing research and promotional communications purposes
Within the scope of the purposes in question, your data will be kept for a maximum period of 12 to 18 months from the receipt of your consent, or the last contact made (whichever occurred last) and if, within this period, you have not withdrawn your consent.
HOW YOU CAN VIEW AND CHANGE YOUR DATA PROTECTION SETTINGS ONLINE
- Consent for promotional communications:
You may, at any time, change or withdraw your consent, with effect for the future. After complete withdrawal of your consent declarations, you will no longer be contacted and receive communications for the purposes you have selected in the respective consent declaration.
To withdraw your declarations of consent submitted to TE, simply access the Main Page where you gave your consent, fill in your personal data and submit the consent form again, selecting, or not, the checkboxes according to your preferences. The last consent form submitted to TE will prevail over all previous ones.
- TE Store Account – you can view or change your detailed settings in the Online Store.
CONTACT US, YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS AND THE RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE CONTROL AUTHORITY
If you have any questions related to our use of your personal data, you should first contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you can contact the Data Protection Officer here.
Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to ask us to:
- Provide you with additional information about the use we make of your personal data;
- Provide you with a copy of the personal data you have provided to us;
- Provide the personal data you have provided to another controller at your request;
- Update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold;
- Erase personal data whose use is no longer legitimate;
- Limit how we use your personal data until the complaint filed is investigated.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exceptions designed to safeguard the public interest (prevention or detection of crimes) or our interest (maintenance of professional secrecy).
If you exercise any of these rights, we will proceed with your analysis and will respond, expectably, within 1 (one) month.
Without prejudice to being able to submit complaints directly to TE, through the contacts made available for this purpose, the Customer/User can complain directly to the Control Authority, which is the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD), using the contacts made available by this entity for that purpose.
II – COOKIES POLICY
ANALYTICAL AND MARKETING COOKIES
Based on your consent, we store and read information on your device to further process the collected personal data.
This happens especially for the purpose of:
- Showing you relevant online advertising, content or banners;
- Creating online advertisements with information that may be of interest to you;
- Avoiding showing you the same advertising repeatedly;
- Providing you with a personalized user experience.
Furthermore, based on your consent, your data may be transferred to countries outside the EU for a limited period of time, for example to the USA. As a rule, this transfer will have additional protection guaranteed by the conclusion of contractual clauses respecting EU standards, if necessary, with additional contractual, organizational or technical measures.
We store and read essential cookies on your device to further process the collected personal data.
This happens especially for the purpose of:
- Allowing you to navigate between pages without losing your previous actions from the same browser session;
- Providing you with multimedia content that meets your technical requirements;
- Ensuring that our website is designed without errors and continue to improve it;
- Ensuring perfect load distribution when loading our website;
- Storing your details for authentication purposes.
COOKIES AND CHANGES
In the following paragraphs, we will explain our processes for using cookies and similar technologies on our website. Furthermore, we offer you the possibility to change your consent to our use or to revoke your consent at any time.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and web storage technologies, such as local storage and session storage, which we refer to as “cookies”, make it easier for you to interact with our website. As soon as you visit our website, cookies are downloaded by the Internet browser to your device in the form of a small text file, for example. Third party technologies such as scripts, pixels and tags that we integrate into our website for advertising purposes also enable cookies on your device. In the following paragraphs, we explain the purpose of using these technologies and how you can configure the settings according to your needs.
PURPOSE OF COOKIES
Cookies fulfill many different tasks that contribute to a seamless and interactive online experience. For this to work, you must always use the same device and the same browser. Some specific cookies are essential for the operation and maintenance of our website, as they allow us to:
- Always offer you your preferred services;
- Present you with specific and relevant information;
- Offer you a seamless and comfortable online experience.
IDENTIFICATION AND RESPONSE
Cookies tell us how users use and interact with our website, for example when they save your settings and user ID. This helps us to:
- Provide you with a more personalized experience by showing you the most important pages more efficiently;
- Remember some of your personal preferences;
- Provide you with guidance to access useful content or pages.
Cookies help us understand how visitors use our website and allow us to improve as needed. For example, with cookies we can analyze the most popular type of content and create similar themes that may be equally relevant to our visitors. In turn, this helps us to:
- Improve the design of our website and provide you with an improved online experience;
- Try different approaches and present our visitors with content that is most relevant to them.
ADVERTISING AND REDIRECTING
- Relevant advertising about our products on other websites based on your visits to our website;
- A combination of relevant and specific information, so that the displayed advertising matches your interests.
Data processing cookies and associated cookies may be used on our website. Depending on the role and purpose, we divide data processing into different categories. The intended purpose of each respective category is described on this page and your consent to the mentioned categories can also be changed here. Each category lists all related data processing, if any, as well as the cookies commonly used for that data processing.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COOKIES?
Internal cookies are cookies that we, or contracted service providers, activate on the website and with which you interact if you continue to use our website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
MANAGING COOKIES IN YOUR BROWSER
You can manage cookie settings through the features mentioned above on our website and also by changing your browser settings (activate, deactivate and delete). Most browsers allow you to manage cookies by accepting or rejecting all cookies. Consult your browser’s user guide for more information on how to manage and delete cookies. By changing your cookie settings, some cookies will be blocked. In this case, you may not enjoy some features on our website. We may also be prevented from offering you certain previously viewed or used content.
WHERE IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES PROCESSED?
The information collected through cookies is essentially processed in the European Union (EU). In some cases, it is possible that cookie information is processed by our contracted service providers or by third-party cookie providers in countries outside the EU that do not offer a level of data protection equivalent to that of the EU. In some cases, for example in the US, there is a relevant risk that local authorities may gain access to cookie information processed in the country for monitoring purposes. There are no effective remedies to avoid this situation. To ensure adequate protection of the information collected through cookies, we have implemented adequate and additional security measures such as, for example, contracts based on contractual clauses respecting EU standards, in addition to the implementation of complementary technical measures. To the extent that you have given your consent to the “analytical and marketing cookies” category, you also accept the transfer and further processing of information collected by cookies in countries outside the EU.